I love my menu board. It was easy to make, doesn't take up too much counter space and is pretty functional too!
Here is how I made this lovely board...
1. I bought the board (pre cut) and the chalkboard paint at Walmart in their small craft section.
2. I painted the board with the chalkboard paint. I did a couple of coats (pretty much I just followed the instructions on the bottle).
3. While it was drying I found some extra scrapbook paper I had lying around and cut out the letters on my cricut.
4. Once the chalkboard paint was dry I used mod podge to adhere the "menu" part and the letters down the side.
5. I also got chalk and the picture frame stand @ Walmart (no I am not advertising for them, they're just closest to my house :) ).
6. I then displayed it on my counter and started planning my meals! Now when husband gets home from work he never has to ask "what's for dinner?"
p.s... my sisters did this craft with me and one of them made a menu board like me, while the other sister made a chalkboard to write notes on... so many uses for chalkboard paint!